▪Second quarter 2020 reported net sales of $1.3billion increased 8.6%compared to the second quarter of 2019.
▪ Excluding the impact of foreign exchange rates, net sales increased 14.1% during the second quarter compared to 2019, excluding the impact from Venezuela.
▪ The second quarter 2020 represents the largest quarterly reported net sales result in Company history.
▪ Second quarter 2020 volume points of 1.7billion, also a quarterly record for the Company, increased 12.4% compared to the second quarter 2019.
▪ Second quarter 2020 reported diluted EPS of $0.82 and adjusted earnings of $0.95 per diluted share, compared to $0.54 per diluted share and $0.70 per adjusted diluted share,respectively, for the second quarter 2019, which were negatively impacted in 2020 by expenses of approximately $2.3million, or $0.01 per diluted share, and in second quarter 2019 of $4.0million, or $0.02 per diluted share, related to the China Growt hand Impact Investment Program.
“Our record results reflect the effort of our distributors. They worked hard to respond to increasing demand for quality nutrition products and to meet the needs of individuals seeking economic opportunity.”
– John Agwunobi, Chairman and CEO of Herbalife Nutrition
▪ Given the continuing impact of COVID-19 on our business and the rapidly evolving landscape in response to these pandemic conditions, we are not providing guidance at this time
Second Quarter 2020 Key Metrics
Regional Volume Points
▪ TheextentanddurationofbusinessdisruptionandrelatedfinancialimpactfromtheCOVID-19pandemic cannotbereasonablyestimatedatthistimebutcouldmateriallyimpactourbusiness,financialconditionand consolidatedresultsforthethirdquarterandfullyear2020.TheCompanywillperiodicallyreassessits
Earnings Conference Call
Herbalife Nutrition senior management will host an investor conference call to discuss its recent financial results and provide an update on current business trends on Thursday, August 6th, 2020,at 2:30p.m. PT (5:30p.m. ET).
The dial-in number for this conference call for domestic callers is(833)962-1459, and (956)394-3596for international callers (conferenceID:8122178). Liveaudio of the conference call will be simultaneously webcast in the investor relations section of the Company’s websiteathttp://ir.Herbalife.com.
An audio replay will be available following the completion of the conference call in MP3 formator by dialing (855)859-2056 for domestic callers or(404)537-3406 for international callers (conferenceID:8122178).The webcast of the teleconference will be archived and available on HerbalifeNutrition’s website.