Herbalife Nutrition Ltd. (NYSE: HLF) reported a 13.6% year-on-year growth in its net sales for 2020. Its full year net sales reached $5.5 billion, the largest in the company’s history.
Herbalife Nutrition’s fourth quarter net sales in 2020 was also the largest for the company. It reached $1.4 billion, an increase of 15.6% compared to the fourth quarter of 2019.
The Asia Pacific market also contributed its second largest net full year net sales for the company at $1.348 billion. North America had the biggest net sales for the full year among all markets at $1.373 billion.
This year, Herbalife Nutrition is raising its 2021 net sales guidance to 6%-14% growth. The company also announced a three-year $1.5 billion share repurchase program.
QUARTER AND FULL YEAR HIGHLIGHTS
- Full year 2020 net sales of $5.5 billion increased 13.6% compared to full year 2019, representing the largest annual net sales result in Company history. Three of our six regions: Asia Pacific, EMEA, and North America set annual net sales records.
- Fourth quarter net sales of $1.4 billion increased 15.6% compared to the fourth quarter 2019, representing the largest fourth quarter net sales result in Company history.
- Full year 2020 reported diluted EPS of $2.77 and adjusted1 earnings of $3.712 per diluted share, each grew by approximately 25% compared to $2.20 and $2.982 per adjusted3 diluted share respectively, for the full year 2019.
- Fourth quarter 2020 reported diluted EPS of $0.59 and adjusted1 earnings of $0.714 per diluted share, compared to $0.40 and $0.764 respectively, for the fourth quarter 2019.
- China grant income will no longer be excluded from adjusted1 results. Adjusted results from all prior year periods have been updated in Schedule A to no longer exclude China grant income.
- Raising FY 2021 net sales guidance ranges to 6.0% to 14.0% growth, as well as raising reported and adjusted1 diluted EPS guidance ranges to $4.05 – $4.55 and $4.25 – $4.75, respectively.